today I have so much to tell. I write about the new trend color red, which cinema movies I want to watch next and how I do my half-bun. The red tassel earrings and my beloved floral print dress I showed last time here in my diary.
Some movie stuff
Because my husband and I are two movie nerds, we love to go regularly to cinema. This evening we watch Logan – The Wolverine, a week ago we watched John Wick II and for 2017 following movies are on the first places of my cinema movie bucket list for this year:
- Ghost in the shell
- Alien: Covenant
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead men tell not tales
- Spider-Man Homecoming
- Star Wars: The last Jedi
I am super excited and I can’t wait to see them all as soon as possible.
Trend color red
Red is one of the trend colors this summer and I am a great admirer of red pieces. It is not easy to combine such a vibrant color and you have to be courageous enough to wear red pieces. I combine this color with white, brown, cognac, beige, green and also some kind of romantic pink and dark pink. But red can be also combined with black, turquoise and yellow. The most important rule is only, that all the other colors should stay more in the background and red should be the main color of the whole match. The look should not be overdone with a firework of many vibrant colors.
How to create the perfect half-bun
My blogger friends Therese and Thea asked me to write some kind of hair tutorial how I create the perfect half-bun. Well, I am not very good in tutorials but I tried to give my best and I hope that the following steps will make it much more easier to create this hairstyle.
- The hair has to be parted into two sections: the upper section which has to be much smaller than the lower section. The proportion of the two sections has to be around one out to three. This first step is the most important step to create the perfect half-bun. If you take too much hair for the upper section it would look bad and some kind of “last year”.
- It is very important to go with both of your hands from the cheek bones up behind your head to split both sections. On the picture you can see that the line between the both sections is not horizontal. It is diagonal and the line starts at the cheek bones and then goes diagonal up and behind the head. So it is some kind of high-half-bun. The bun is high and not low.
- There are different ways to fix the high-half-bun. I take a hair tie and then I create some kind of loop. I don’t pull my hair around the bun, I only create a small loop and fix it with the hair tie. The result of creating a loop is, that the hair of the upper section hang down and are not pulled around the loop. The advantage of the loop is, that your hair can be very long, the bun stays small and you don’t have a big hairball on top of your head. The other possibility is to fix the loop with a strand of hair and a hairpin. Then you don’t see any hair tie like on my picture.
- At last I fix my upper hair with some hair spray. I made the experience, that the Elnett hair spray “normal hold” from L’Oréal is the best one because it is very easy to brush it out in the evening and the scent of the spray is descent.